Ponto Do Ouro- Self Catering Beach Homes and Chalets
Place of Golden Sunrises & Super Relaxing Sunsets and Fun / Safe Holidays
You’ll understand where the name comes from as you watch the golden sun rise from your private deck overlooking the sea.
- Ponta do Ouro is set near the South African border at Kosi Bay (Kwazulu–Natal province).
- You will need a 4×4 vehicle to drive the road from the border to Ponta Do Ouro.
- A border pick up service is available on request.
- Ponta Do Ouro is a scuba diver’s and deep sea fisherman’s paradise.
- Excursions to go swimming with the dolphins are a must for all.
Quad Bikes are welcome but remember your helmet as fines are quite excessive.
It is possible to drive from Ponta Do Ouro to Maputo on a long and sometimes arduous 4×4 track and then take the ferry from Catembe across the bay to Maputo. This road passes the Maputo Elephant Sanctuary where elephants still roam.
The village of Ponta Do Ouro has many resorts and private holiday homes carefully restored to their original condition. We also have restaurants, bars, shops, a market and petrol station.
There is a BCI Bank with ATM’s, however you can only draw Meticais from the ATM and will need your passport to exchange money.
Most of the shops and restaurants have credit / debit card facilities.
See our Survival doc for more information